Monday, August 25, 2008

Growing Up

Yesterday, we had a little back to school party for Brycen. He was a little unsure about starting school, not really nervous, he just thought being able to stay home sounded like a better idea. So we had my parents and my sister come over for homemade pizza, root beer, and warn chocolate cookies with cold milk for dessert. It made Brycen feel special and kept his mind off starting school.

(Those are root beers they are drinking!)


Today, he loved his first day of school. He is goes to a very sweet little school. The class size is rather small so they really work with the children at their individual levels. They had a balloon at the school that had the school's name on it then under it it said, "Smart kids getting smarter" I read it to Brycen and he said, "You mean I'm going to get even smarter?" I guess he has a lot of self esteem. His two best friends from preschool are in his class, so he is very happy. It was cute to see them together again. This morning, the house seemed a little too quiet for my taste. I kept hoping that I'd get a call from our case worker saying a birth mom was ready to meet us. Our family is so ready to love a new child and welcome a birth mom into our lives. I even went out and bought a sweet little baby outfit today.

Brycen poses in his first day of school outfit. When I pick him up after school he was telling me that his friend wore a shirt he had never ever worn before; I told him that his shirt was new too and he said "I know we're both the same today!"



No comments: