Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A Camping We Went

We took advantage of the long Labor Day Weekend and went camping, up by Donner Lake. We all had a great time--even though we froze during the night. I love the fact that we were able to spend the whole weekend together just having fun. It was also nice to be able to put the boys to bed and stay up playing games and talking with our friends. We even got to take the bos canoeing. I can't wait to go camping again; I think next time we will head to the ocean.
Brycen loved getting dirty and having lots of root beer on hand.

Zac finding lots of cool bugs.

Lance cooking up a tasty breakfast.

It just wouldn't be camping without SMORES.

This monument is to remember members of the Donner Party. I think the name I am pointing to is one of my relatives.

Zac did a great job keeping our friend's baby happy. Just look at her stare at him.
Brycen spent a lot of time ride the scooter and his bike.

Zac just trying to stay warm.

Zac pretending to be a worn out pioneer. I think we need to sign him up for drama lessons!

We went on a hike and found lots of boulders to climb.



Scottie stayed home with Nana and Papa. He has a hard time being in cold places. I am very grateful that my parents are around to watch Scottie so we can do things like go camping. I know Scott loves being with them so I don't have to feel like we are leaving him out of the fun. Scott and my dad are very close; he really loves his Pappa.

No comments: