Saturday, August 23, 2008

A Whale of a Time!

Growing up my mom sometimes let me skip school usually to go shopping or even just to spend the day in Golden Gate Park in San Francisco. These times created some of my fondest childhood memories. I always felt sorry for kids who had a perfect attendance record--it seemed to me they were missing out on a lot of fun. Of course, school is important, but there are some things that you just can't learn in school. On my special days with my mom I learned how important I was to her and how much I was loved.


So now I'm the mom, and this past week one of those opportunities to learn more outside of school than in school arrived. (Brycen actually hasn't started school yet his school starts on Monday;I can't believe my baby is going to kindergarten.) On Wednesday, Lance took the day off work and we pulled Zac out school and went to Six Flags Marine World. We didn't bring Scott because he gets sick on rides and doesn't like to be in the sun for very long. Marine World was one of my favorite places to go when I was little. Going during the week was great--there were NO lines and No crowds.


We had absolute blast. Zac and Brycen are both thrill seekers, the faster and wilder the ride the better. The animals were great too. We sat in the "splash zone" during the killer whale show and we got drenched. Unfortunately, so did our camera so I was only able to take pictures of the first part of the day. My camera did start working the next day though. Brycen was pulled from the audience during the killer whale show to answer a question and received a free stuff killer whale.


Our family day together was much better than spending a day in fourth grade. I hope my children will always have fond memories of these special times.


We finally found real elephants!


Having a bite to eat while waiting for the Orca show to start.


A can of root beer and a whale--life is good!




Whale Watching

No comments: